The Learning Center (TLC) is a preschool ministry of Open Door Baptist Church, which was founded in 2002. TLC is a preschool dedicated to teaching God's truth through everyday lessons and activities while preparing children for kindergarten. We desire to equip our students with the knowledge and skills they need to start their educational experience in a positive direction. Emphasis is placed on the needs of the individual child to develop self-confidence and independence in successful learning opportunities. Our goal includes making sure that children are ready for kindergarten, which includes a balance of academic and social skills. More importantly, we want to partner with you to give them a firm foundation in their relationship with Jesus Christ.
Some highlights about our program...
* We offer a 5 day program for 2-4 year old preschool children.
* Our hours are 8:30-noon, Monday-Friday.
* We, for the most part, follow the SDOC calendar.
* We use Love and Logic and positive reinforcements / discipline in our classrooms.
* We use the SC Early Learning Standards in our program as well as a biblical and academic rich curriculum plan that we developed.
* Our program is taught by knowledgeable, skilled and trained teachers who LOVE children and desire to help prepare your child for life-long learning. We continually attend training to learn because we know that learning never stops!
We encourage parents/families to visit TLC to determine if this is the right preschool for your child. Registration forms and more information can be found using the links below as well as in person at TLC during preschool hours.
The Learning Center is governed by a committee whose membership consists of church members and the director, Jenny Lyle.